Join me in the fabulous surroundings of Whinlatter Forest for some feel-good fresh air, exercise and fun!
The perfect way to exercise with your baby, these classes will rebuild your fitness and strength in the postnatal period with low impact strength and cardio. There is also the option to step it up a gear once you are feeling fitter and stronger.
Who is it for?
- New mums and babies
- Not so new mums with older babies/toddlers. The only request with toddlers is that they stay in the buggy for the duration of the class.
- New mums or not-so-new mums that would like to attend without their babies!
- Suitable from as soon as 6 weeks postnatal and 12 weeks post c-section.
There’s no escaping the fact that there are lots of hills at Whinlatter so rest assured you’ll be getting a good cardio workout. Don’t worry though, there is no pressure on how fast you get to the top of a hill, as long as you get there in the end! You will be surprised how your fitness improves over the weeks!
A typical session may include:
- Walking interspersed with Power Walking
- Bodyweight exercises
- Upper and lower body strengthening using portable equipment
- Functional mummy movements to keep you fit and strong for your demanding job of being a mum
- Specific Pelvic Floor & Core Exercises
IF IT RAINS WE STILL TRAIN so make sure you are dressed suitably and bring a cover for your pram.
PLEASE NOTE: that although we train in all weather, there are some exceptions at Whinlatter: strong winds, ice and snow. On these occasions, when the first closes, the class will take place live online. All you need is access to the internet and zoom which is free to use.
I pride myself on being an expert in pelvic floor dysfunction and Diastasis recti. For this reason, before attending your first session. You will go through an in-depth health screening process. You will be asked to complete an online screening form where I will ask you questions about your birth and recovery and your general health. We will also meet via video call so we can assess if you have a tummy gap (Diastasis Recti). All of this is absolutely essential so that I can ensure the class is suitable for your needs and tailor the exercise programme for you.
I can also offer you advice and help you with pelvic floor and core rehab should this be needed.
Where and when?
WHERE: Whinlatter Forest
WHEN: Wednesdays 1.00 – 2.00 pm
What does it cost?