The Postnatal Assessment is ONE WHOLE HOUR dedicated to you! The MUM!
It is fair to say that during the postnatal period the focus is 100% on the baby, which is obviously essential, but what about YOU?
As a new mum who has just grown and birthed a baby, your body has gone through many physical changes. Changes which rarely fix themselves so it is important that you get some well-deserved attention, help and advice to enable your body to fully heal and recover.
I have heard many times from new mums that the 6 week GP check did not meet up to their expectations with very little focus actually being on them but just on how baby is doing.
It is frustrating that women are being given the advice to return to exercise without a hands on assessment. The advice is usually to take it easy, but what does that actually mean because what is easy for one person is not necessarily easy for another.
Who is it for?
The Postnatal Assessment is for anyone who:
- Would like to take control of their postnatal healing journey
- Is looking to return to exercise post-birth.
- Would like to start exercising for the first time post-birth
- Is looking to return to jogging, running or any other high impact sports/activities
- Just doesn’t feel like they did before – there is always a reason why your body feels different and an assessment will help to identify the areas that need attention.
What the assessment offers you